No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cruelty to animals

Uglybaldie brought up a good point about cruelty to animals.

When a vet gives an injection to a hamster, is that animal cruelty?

What about lab researchers who do the same in the labs? (See : http://www.brocku.ca/researchservices/ethics/animalcare/assets/documents/standardoperatingprocedures/health/health_15.pdf)

What about someone like me giving the injections to my pet hamster?

Worth pondering over don't you think?

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

You are not qualified to treat Michelle in the manner of giving her injections because you said:

"I chose not to go the intraperitoneal route because I could not find any pics of hamster abdominal anatomy."

Christ, you don't even know the topography of Michelle's abdominal anatomy!

And when you give an injection, although subcutaneously, you have to be aware of all the possibilities including the effect on the other organs. To know the benefits/risks ratio, you need an expert knowledge of animal physiology.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

I think uglybaldie is right.

It's not right for me to treat my pet hamster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home