No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Monday, May 01, 2006

Transparency

There's a lot of talk in the papers right now about transparency, hidden agendas, people with things to hide etc.

One thing I am sure many people in Singapore would want to know is how much does it cost to build a HDB flat in Singapore?

No, I do not want to hear that it is based on market price of land, contractors, building materials and be told to work it out myself. I just want the figures.

Please tell me how much it costs the HDB to build a HDB flat. Is it that complicated?
I mean we are told that there are tremendous amounts of subsidies given to us when we buy a HDB flat too. In fact reports have said that because of these subsidies the HDB loses millions of dollars a year. I can't imagine how much my flat actually costs then considering HDB charged me $367,000 for the flat AFTER subsidies!

Come on HDB. It's a simple question. "How much does it cost to build a HDB flat?" The answer should be eg $X or X dollars. It's that simple.

This is something that HDB knows that we do not. Instead of asking others whether they know something that we do not, please HDB, come out and tell us the facts that we do not know but we know that you definitely know but for some reason do not want to tell us.

Please live up to the claim of being a transparent government.

8 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, been asking the same question for soooo long, from young to old, still no answer.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Strange right? This type of important question they don't answer but they want to get answers to silly questions!

"Why you tell me you say you don't want ter kwa, when you never say you don't want ter kwa? Can you please explain?

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

oinkle,

Aiyah, why you so lor sor? Stay in the friggin' flat and be thankful lah.

By the way, since your flat is subsidised, I too contributed to your abode via personal income tax and gst.

So, a word of thanks from you to me would be in order.

I am happy to contribute a part of the roof over your head.

So please stop grumbling, whining and move on. But at the kind of price you paid, I doubt you'll be able to even breakeven when you dispose of it.

Tough.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Err no leh uglybaldie,

the PAP keep saying to me it is THEM who I should be thankful for having my flat, not anybody else!

You don't get it do you? It's ok lah. I understand cos you're not from the post 65 generation. You wouldn't understand.

Have a good holiday spending your own money returned this Saturday!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

You are in denial. Ok Ok.

But everytime you open the door to your flat, remember that part of it was paid for with my tax dollars.

Having some of my own money to spend is better than having none.

Every four years is camera upgrade time.

What's the big thing about the post 65 generation?

You fellas can only whine, grate and make alot of noise but no action when the chips are down.

Walk the talk this Saturday.

Er......oinkle, this week is really showtime!

I get a shot of adrenaline every four years, makes me younger. No wonder I don't age.

Hee Hee

Fun. Fun. Fun.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Adrenaline shots for youth? You gotta be kidding!

Which Dr Google did you consult?

Have a nice day uglbaldie, but trust me you don't want adrenaline shots.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

jeezus, what kind of friggin' school did you go to?

"A shot of adrenaline" means a rush of excitement come election time.

You never studied english or what or did you skive during your school days by reading junk comics?

Anyway, be kind to us old folks huh?

I read that soon we will be sent to batam, johore or bintan.

Hee Hee.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Err I went to NUS medical school. Probably why they never teach us that "shot of adrenaline" = elections excitement.

We are not supposed to read, write, listen or think about anything political. We leave that to the government to do it for us.

Nothing to do with my comics lah. In fact I am reading quite a lot of work by Mark Millar who is noted for his polemic style of writing.

Bintan? Johor? Err I would never send my parents to such god forsaken places unless they wanted to. Of course if government say they must go then I bo wei kong liao. Better guai guai listen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home