No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I put a picture of your loved one on the floor to let everyone step on.....

From http://www.todayonline.com/articles/120191.asp

Movie posters a step on the wrong side of faith
Letter from Richard Koh
I FIND offensive the way in which the publicity for the movie, The Da Vinci Code, is being done.
.
A copy of the Last Supper painting with the image of The Christ and the apostles is used in the movie poster together with the lead actors' photos. Two of these large posters have been placed on the floor of Orchard MRT station (picture), which sees a high volume of human traffic.
.
Although there seems to be some kind of barricade around the face of Jesus to prevent people from stepping over it, it is still disrespectful for such an image to be placed on the floor. The relevant authorities should remove such floor posters.

This just goes to show how much blatant disregard Sony is showing to Christians in Singapore. I'm surprised the Singapore government with all their bold proclamations of racial and religious harmony and sensitivity are allowing such things to go on.

I doubt such a similar situation involving a certain other race and religion in Singapore would even be allowed to ever be thought of much less implemented!

I suppose terrorism has achieved its objectives.

7 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

This is called "reversed discrimination". Just like some countries intentionally discriminating against the majority race to prove that they are non discriminatory. But the guise is only cosmetic.

But all said, everything exists in the mind. If you call me an idiot and I am deaf to what you said, where is the insult?

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Are the majority of Singaporeans blind?

Maybe they are.

Well if so, then we have nothing to worry about in a predominantly blind and deaf society!

LOL!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

Can you turn a blind eye to such minor inflections?

I believe your bible tells you to be forgiving for "they know not what they do".

Buddhism is best. They teach that everything is not what meets the eye.Everthing exists in the mind. You don't even exists, come to think of it, if I think you do not. So to me, I didn't see no poster.

Hee Hee.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

I get what you mean. I remember when the Taliban blew up those centuries old statues of Buddha in Afghanistan, the Buddhist hardly made any noise about it!

It is one thing to be tolerant and forgive. But it is another to let people walk all over you! (just let you don't just turn blind eyes to people censoring/deleting your posts :wink:)

I mean would you be happy if I put a picture of your father or mother on the floor at Orchard MRT, where people are likely to walk all over it?

We should respect one another lah. It's not about just asking people to turn blind eyes. But we also should do our part in respecting others too.

"So to me, I didn't see no poster."

Perhaps in future you should write something like that to MUIS when they protest against cartoons of their Prophet Mohammed being published. :)

After all it's just entertainment what.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

Oinkle, you don't seem very sedate when it comes to religion.

Relax man. Organised religion=organised crime=organised politics.

Just go dutifully to church on sundays but don't act like a fanatic lah.

I will be very honoured if my parents are famous enough for a big poster to be produced at great expense. Walking over it? No problem, the damage is only metaphysical lah. Now if they walk over my parents physically, walio, that's a different matter altogether.

You know what's do unto others as others do unto you? You make a lot of noise about our good government censoring free speech but you yourself wants to censor comments made when your bloggee don't agree with what you write. What's some strong language to make a point? I know a doctor who always start his conversation with, "FUG!" I've come to acknowledge that people who uses so-called rough language now and then are the rough diamonds. People who eschews such language or behaviour are the real devils hiding behind their sheepskin. When the mask comes off, you'll see Lucifer!

LMAO!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Well nobody's saying that you can't be a good person and a gentleman either.

As I've said before it's a matter of respect too.

You don't have to ridicule and belittle others when you argue your points.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, they have the posters removed as reported in the papers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home