No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Monday, April 10, 2006

New Medisave claims for both public and private clinics!

I just finally got my hands on a copy of the Straits Times.

Front page article. 2nd last paragraph:

'The new Medisave claims can be made for visits to both public and private clinics, Mr Khaw told reporters, following an event to declare Woodbridge Hospital a historical site and to launch Buangkok Green Medical Park"

So it looks like my fears were unfounded. Kudos to the Minister for recognizing that private GPs do play a role in our primary health care system.

I look foward to serving my patients being able to tell them they can use their Medisave to pay for tests like HbA1c.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

A sad day for the Ah ma and Ah Peks.

Your friendly neighbourhood docs. are grinning like the wolf salivating after Little Red Riding Hood.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Eh uglybaldie, don't worry lah. Singapore has got very good Ministers and MPs. Mr Khaw is a very good Minister. He's the good guy remember? NKF was the bad guy.

Our Ministers are worth every cent we pay them, didn't you say that before? I believe MOH will come up with the correct failsafes to make sure bad things don't happen.

Didn't you write this earlier?

"The scheme is not extended to private GP clinics because control is not as good as in polyclinics.

If extended to private clinics, I can forsee the quacks to be dispensing hypertensive and diabetic medicines like lollipops and unnecessarily. Soon, the Ah Pek and Ah Ma's medisave will be scammed off and they will be worse off than before.

This is a government that sees further than the tip of it's nose.

Kool."

Indeed our government sees further than the tip of it's nose!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

I stand corrected.

They obviously don't even know where their asses are, let alone see beyond the tip of their noses insofar as this issue is concerned.

However, please note that I am no fan of all the shorties but in general, I am happy with the team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home