No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mummy ar I want to watch Narnia....

Narnia is a movie for children and perhaps christians.

It is not a violent movie. There is ZERO blood shown in the whole movie.

It is pretty long at about 2.5 hours but not as bad as King Kong.

The kids love it. My son who is a BIG BIG LOTR fan (he is 3 years old) prefers Narnia. The reason? The heroes are kids so he can identify with them.

The christian symbolism is all that drew me to the movie. Otherwise I'd say it was a pretty light weight action/fantasy movie. I had never read the books so I don't know if this was true to CS Lewis' vision.

People who are expecting a LOTR type movie will be sorely disappointed. Narnia is a different kind of movie. But if you want to compare, I would say nobody does fantasy action better than Peter Jackson. His next project better be the Hobbit otherwise he is finished.

Overall Narnia's a good movie to take the kids to. It won't scare them, but it isn't totally kiddy stuff like Chicken Little. If you don't have kids, then watch it as if you were a kid.

I must say I am disappointed that this festive season hollywood's best on offer didn't make any impression on me.

Rating : 3 stars out of 5

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger uglybaldie said...

You can tell a person's character by the films or books that he watches or read.

Although I pay for $4 per movie as I have a senior citizen's discount, I am not going to waste my $4 and 3 hours of my life indulging in fantasy and fairytales.

Having said that, To each His own.

I'll rather donate the $4 to the DEVIL's defence fund if ever required.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the outings and movies my parents brought me and my siblings to when we were kids..

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Dr Oz bloke said...

Well we've got a lot of credit card points because my wife uses it to charge her MLM stock purchases at wholesale price which she then sells off at retail with profits.

So before the points expire, and we go to Oz, might as well use it.

So far all these movies, we watch for FREE! Otherwise I wouldn't be watching these movies either. As it is, in Singapore there isn't much to do which is free and enjoyable for the kids.

$4 to the DEVIL's defence fund? I think he'll laugh at you and say it isn't even peanuts to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home