No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ah!!!! Your boss is my good friend!!!!

Me : Good afternoon sir, how can I help you?

Patient : No I came to see Dr S. He's my good friend. I've known him for over 20 years! I also go to see Dr H for my diabetes.

Me : So how can I help you medically?

P: I want to get my diabetic medicines. I actually came to see Dr S, but since he's not here so I see you. Can you help me check my glucose level?

Me : Sure!

P: I also want to get my pink colour and yellow colour diabetes medicine. I usually get from Dr H opposite but now I found out Dr S my good friend is here so I come here

Me : Do you know the names of the medicines? I'm not familiar with the colours of the medicines

P : Usually I just say pink and yellow medicines and Dr H clinic will know. I know Dr S for 20 over years that's why I come here, but he is not around so I see you.

Me : I'm sorry sir I am not familiar with colours of medicines..

P taking out a box of his medicines showing me the pink one, but he has run out of the yellow one.

Me : The pink one looks like Avandia. Is it 4mg or 8mg?

P : If I know I will be doctor already lah!

Me : but the dosage is important.(Me takes a closer look at the Avandia tablet and sees an 8 on the pill so it's 8mg)

P : I used to take 2. Now I take one. I think it is the 8mg one. So can you give me the yellow one also?

Me asking the clinic assistants if they know of any yellow diabetic medicines. And the answer is no.

P : Usually I say yellow and pink can already! Dr S is my good friend for 20 years that's why I came to see him

Me : I'm sorry sir but I am not Dr S and I do not know you for 20 years. I need to know the name of the medicine to give you the same one as different companies manufacture their drugs in different colours especially generic versions

P : Aiyoh if I know the name I will be doctor already lah!

Me : I'll give you Avandia but for the other one I'm afraid I can't help you. How about I call Dr H to ask her.

P: No lah. Dr S is my good friend. I get from him lah.

Me : then maybe you can come back another time when he's around. Maybe he knows the yellow colour medicine.

P : I think he will know lah

Outside...

Clinic assistant : So the bill is $XXX.XX

P : Wah so expensive! I come here because I know Dr S for more than 20 years. Last time his clinic was just below my block.....

2 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger iml said...

Most commendable for your patience attending to P.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Patient meets Your Patience.....wat to do?¬smile¬

 

Post a Comment

<< Home