No more dr Oz bloke, just me

aka Dr Charlotte Charlatan

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

OMACOR revisited

Cedric asked me a question

"Hi,Ive just seen your comment about omacor on Angry doc's blog. You say that it costs 8 times the price for the same dose at a common health food store. Could you give me more info on that ? I mean : what is the cost of omacor, and what cheaper product are you refering to ?thanks!ceric"

I would like to direct Cedric to my post regarding OMACOR here

Cedric might want to read the comments section in that post for more info as well.

Basically OMACOR is just EPA/DHA in a 36%/24% fish oil capsule. That's your omega 3 fatty acids. Most common 1000mg fish oil capsule contain EPA/DHA in 18%/12% concentration.

The price of a common 1000mg of fish oil sold in Watsons is abotu $0.10-$0.15 per capsule.

Most of our propietary (non generic) lipid lowering drugs are about $1-$2 a pop. You can work out the maths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home